Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Tuesday, October 14, 2003

THE PROVERBIAL GAIJIN

So, my anxiety turned out to be needless cause it was a Japanese National Holiday. Not even out of Sydney yet and already I'm on my own's receiving end of mistaken intentions. They have acknowledged my email and they seem enthusiastic to have me on board. Would love to think they are keen to see me in Japan soon. However, am suspect of intentions. Something about Japanese culture being very face-saving. Note to self: 10th October is Physical Culture/Health Day. What is that!? Should also download "Ical" - an international calender plug-in for my Os X.

First going away present - Japan: An A-Z, A Guide To Living and Working in Japan. I can't believe it doesn't have any pictures! The cover is a cliche of the bullet train and I suspect it is a bit dated, but I presume it would be safe to assume some thing are still the same.

Relieved to hear from Yasu, that the chauvanistic Japanese "Boys' Club" is slowly changing. There may yet be hope for me to dig deep and settle roots ;-). Not my sole intention of going there, but wouldn't that be nice? Would not like to feel any more displaced just because I claim to like adrenalin sports and the company of fine men.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home