Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Tuesday, October 21, 2003

QUE SERA SERA, COME WHAT MAY -

I am not a big fan of the "post-modern" trend of the incessant sampling of pop-culture to illustrate thoughts instead of actually detangling thoughts into words. It becomes so prone to varied (mis)interpretation and when its a barrage of pop culture without context or explanation, anyone can interpret it as they wish, and then, what is the point of the journal actually being your interpretation and experience? I am an author at heart and I think its rather lazy.

Even then, to the one I love, this song is for you. Thanks for everything you've done for me. I never know better and I'm never grateful enough. You are the purpose, the reason and the grace that I need to face each new day. May I always remain faithful and love you until the end of time - through the stand-offs, the silences and the songs that we share, through the dark winters of my soul or the springs of my joy. I love you.

Always yours, Jadyn.

COME WHAT MAY

Never know I could feel like this
Like I've never seen the sky before
I want to vanish inside your kiss
Every day I'm loving you more and more
Listen to my heart, can you hear it sings
Telling me to give you everything
Seasons may change, winter to spring
But I'll love you until the end of time

Come what may
Come what may
I will love you until my dying day


Suddenly the world seems such a perfect place
Suddenly it moves with such a perfect grace
Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste
It all revolves around you
And there's no mountain too high
No river too wide
Sing out a song and you'll be there by my side
Storm clouds may gather
And stars may collide
But I'll love you until the end of time

From Nicole Kidman & Ewan Mcgregor, Come what may, Moulin Rouge, 2000.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home