Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Round and round and round and round I go

trying so hard to get a hold of everyone here,
I've got to show how much I love them all...
...Hanging on to every shape that's thrown,
it's strange the way I can't say no -

A few days ago, I loved God with a passion that could rival the onscreen romance of Moulin Rouge. Sometime midweek though, things made a few turns. I was in the middle of our conversation with a church mate when I stumbled on the event of her new non-christian boyfriend. As a fellow soldier by my side, I was sorely dissapointed. But dissapointment soon became discontent. One day I'm singing his praises for all he has done for me, the next day I'm not happy with my lot. Talk about infidelity.

It was not a few days before that I had written in my private journal "...when we get a glimpse of even a little understanding of the perfectness of a relationship with God, do we realize that fallen man will always fall short of the hope God has set in our hearts... that no man or woman will ever fulfill and satisfy our emotions and hopes the way a relationship with God ever will..." No one. Not even a christian person, let alone a non-christian one.

I'm aware its a going to be a continual struggle that won't just go away with the tired buntings of sympathy or encouragement. The real heart of this discontent is that things around me are changing faster and faster everyday. And each new day is a vortex of change that I get swept into. And some where deep in the recesses of my heart, I'm trying to grasp for something stable to hold on to.

God, please help me not to be discouraged, remind me of your love and providence for me and help me to be faithful.

Timecheck: who out there knows the title of the lyrics above, the band and when?

Audio: Something Beautiful by Robbie Williams
Biblio: The reign and end of Edward II, King of England by C. Marlowe.
Cerebrio: Pervasive American transcendentalism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home