Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Saturday, October 11, 2003

Submitted the thesis yesterday after a little bit of drama at Officeworks. But its all good now. Load off after the thesis hanging over my head for a while. Reckon I will miss it. I've learnt so much and found "Post-colonial & Development Media Communication Strategies" such an interesting topic to investigate - almost wish I didn't have to stop to actually get in printed and submitted. I've heard from the rest that not every one feels the same way like me about their thesis. I wish everyone had as a great an experience doing it though.

A few weeks ago I had a few rounds of interviews and jumping through hoops, with a Japanese school to teach english (read: FIVE. 1 written assessment, 2 interviews, 2 teaching demonstrations). Their representatives came down to an office in sydney for it. And on wednesday morning, I got a call from Japan saying that they'd like me to go there to teach! I'm excited and overwhelmed at the prospect of being paid a very good wage (for a fresh Arts graduate) to work overseas! And that I've got a job offer before I've graduated even in the lousy economy. I've decided to accept the offer, at least the first year renewable contract and go away and do this thing for a while. Then maybe gain more international and cultural perspective and if given the opportunity, maybe go back to uni to work on a Ph.D (if my grades on my honours will allow me). The thesis, not to mention the rest of the classes, in the faculty, have without doubt, opened up whole new mind-altering perspectives.

Its only a few days ago since I got the offer so, I'm really still letting it sink in though I probably should start making appropriate plans after I finish the last two papers for the course-work component.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home