Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Sunday, November 16, 2003

THE GLEBE STREET FAIR

Today was one big partee! I’ve been up since 8:30am, which is dreadfully early for me. Did the Barniccles thing at morning church and got a headshot of each of the kids who were there. For posterity and all that jazz. Am going to do a black and white collage of the kids as some sort graphic artwork. Could potentially be a sizable project if I don’t slack off.

Then the Glebe Street Fair came after that. It was a total blast! Started with Fels and Leanne, wandering "backward" to the start about half way, tentatively soaking up the tepid atmosphere. But once sugar charged with Krusty Kremes for a very late brunch, we hit cruise mode and it was easy going from there. The mediocre crowd just swelled as we walked on. Saw plenty of chi-chi bags I would have loved to get, if only I had more money, weren’t going to have to be packing so many things to Japan, had even a vague idea of the fashion sense there and actually used bags long enough to warrant their expenditure (as opposed to my "once-off disposable" vice). But they were heaps pretty anyway. I love the colours and atmosphere of Glebe. Not as rough as Newtown and every bit as bohemian.


- My little sista's: Fels and L-2 -

I had a good time hanging out for a little while with ma' blog-grrls but was appropriately distracted as one would wont in the carnivalesque and got lost from them in the crowd. Got abducted by the rest of the straglers before I could locate the girls and ended up spending the rest of the arvo-evening with the new cru'. So, had a good time with good friends and hit off well with some new ones too. What can I say about all those relatively new faces in my life...


- Ichiban! -

Once the Madhatter got the better of us, we were insatiable for fun. My mandarin teacher in highschool would've been proud!




- “zhong you”, a loyal friend -

By this time we had already walked up and down the Glebe Street Fair a few times over and then some! And, the posse had been reconfigured by a few degrees of friendship. In the true spirit of local community, everyone's someone was there. The bright sun, which I totally expected, was way cool on account of the very breezy wind but by the time we finally walked back to the start, it greyed and started pouring cats and dogs, so we sought shelter in the always cool “Well Connected”. I like taking folks there, like the chill-out atmosphere, the red vinyl seats, the loungy 70s & 80s deco and the view of Glebe from the balcony. The day was excellent. 10/10. I finally had that well-deserved leisurely weekend spent with pretty good company.

Altogether, spent about 6 hours in the 2 kilometre radius of my stomping ground, only leaving Glebe to top the day off with church service. Tummy was rumbling like a WWF death-match after service so we regrouped at Newtown’s pizza “institute”, Alex Cordobe’s Pizzeria, for dinner and went to Ice & Slice for some truly decadent rum & raisin, expresso & white chocolate gelato and Kahluas. More chill to the already psycho weather.

God must’ve known I really needed some downtime this weekend to gather my thoughts and thankfully dinner at Juju’s yesterday was cancelled on account of the World Rugby (Go the Wallabies!) and I could luxuriate in me-time, cause today was just massive. (See Exhibit A - My bronzed shoulders. Ouch!) Total hours spent out-of-doors: 14. Pwahs! Off to the Museum of Contemporary Art tomorrow, the summer season exhibitions are out. Yea! Then its my last day working at The Ethics Research on tuesday. Ho hum.

Audio: My supa-chill compilations.
Biblio: Highschool classmates' blogs.
Cerebrio: All that you can't leave behind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home