Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Thursday, November 20, 2003

TOO DAMN NEAR CLOSE TO TEARS

FORGET PAINTBALL. THIS IS WARFARE!
Work was really hard today. I was so damn near close to tears a few times. It is and it isn't work related. Am doing the WorldVision roadshow this month, starting today at the Mind, Body & Spirit trade expo. Our stall is boxed in by everything that screams "wrong!". This is deep new age spiritual stuff; polarity healing, gemstone vibes, aura imaging, hindu pranic senses, wellbeing yoga and all that. Not even one child was sponsored today and there was only one enquiry. It's spiritual warfare - the whole two exhibition hall was filled with pyschic reading, tarot card readings, feel-good spiritual goggle-gock. Toward the end I ended up humming a few christian children's song just to keep going. People before me have coped before, I can do this too. Need to pull myself together. Pray. Pray. Pray.

I really don't need any more stress. Am under incredible pressure from various points and I feel like I'm a walking time-bomb, just trying to tread softly. Every second that goes by feels like internal pressure building. Some of this will explain itself on tuesday. Meanwhile, the weekend keeps growing.

MY PRIVATE OWN CHIMPANZEE
But there was something good about today. As much as work was horrid, today wasn't all bad. I had a good morning. Apes brought me a single chocolate krusty kreme donut for breakfast all the way from Penrith. If I had to train for over an hour with a donut in my hand, I would have so eaten it up. This ape is from Penrith. For those not in the know, Penrith is at least 77 minutes away from my place by train. So, my little chimpanzee would have had to be up by at least 7am this morning to see me for breakie. "I tell people I love them by giving them double sugar coated fatty deep fried donuts."

We ate big breakfasts at La Vera and stolled down to The Craven at Valhalla for more drinks to cool the warming sun. We sunned our toes and opened our hearts. We just wanted to pretend I wasn't going anywhere. I almost had to check in early on the stall on account of a little mishap, but I really didn't want to leave at all. Finally, the clock struck noon and I was really needed at work, so we walked our way back to reality. On the way there, Apes said something I had suspected for the last three months, "you know, I agree with our personality profile test, you and I would make great lovers and soulmates." I just kept quiet. We would, even though that would be outrageously impossible at the same time. I wanted the chimpanzee to stay in Glebe with me, but I couldn't demand that of the ape since I wasn't going to be around myself. Ho hum.

Audio: Angel by Sarah McLachlan.
Biblio: - / -
Cerebrio: Someone gave me handmade earrings today...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home