Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Thursday, December 04, 2003

MY LIFE IN 10 BOXES

My audio system and expresso machine are gone! They've taken away my creature comforts. But obviously I'm umbilically attached to my iBook and internet.

Today was chockers. I got up to get ready just in time for the movers to come pick up the boxes. 10 boxes, 95 kgs. They came earlier than I had planned so I had time to squeeze in a visit into the English department. Probably my last. Then grabbed Janessa a few hours earlier than planned to have a late brekkie at Luna Blu on Norton in Leichhardt.





It was easy brunching with her and I had a good time then I made my way to lunch at Deanne's place with Terrence. That was a wierd one. We were all lathargic from the heatwaves. It was kinda hard to socialize. Small talk. Then I started shopping. To Kathmandu for appropriate winter undergarments. Then, caught in the electric thunderstorm and needed some solo time. So, had a little down-time-out over a cuppacino and a Financial Review, reading a commentary on new Labour leader, Latham, in the pretty Queen Vic Building while waiting for Drew to knock off from work. It was too early for dinner so we did more shopping for a few hours, looked at lots of chi-chi shoes, got a few nice things and then a few more nicer, prettier and shiny-er things, but didn't even make it through half of Pitt Street mall before I wanted my fettucine mussels at Cafe Otto on Glebe and a Cloud-9 for after dinners.

I've rehashed my Japan story trice today already. If one more person asks me how I feel about going away, I'm going to shoot dagger eyes at them. I didn't mind rehashing it with Janessa, it was such a reminder what a blessing going to Japan has been so far. Thank you God for reminding me. Thank you God for my friendship with Janessa.


I want to love somebody,
just want to love somebody right now.
There is just no pleasing me.

It'll come in your sweet time Lord
I just got to let you in.
The blind leading the blind lord,
getting underneath your skin.
I can feel you in the silence,
saying "Let forever be".
Love, only love, will set you free.


Audio: Love Somebody by Robbie Williams.
Biblio: -/-
Cerebrio: Mid-morning tea party in the office tomorrow. Last day at work. Goodbye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home