Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Sunday, December 28, 2003

SHING-GA-PURA

I am going, but Mom is more Jap-mad than I am. She's gone out and bought jap magazines, teach-yourself-nihongo books, music and movies.

Singapore is crowded. Everyone is in a rush somewhere. No one seems restful here. The claustrophobia is worse than the heat. I haven't done much, just chilled with parents and a day of shopping for work suits and I am completely buggered and exhausted.

Observation point: Singaporeans are a very inward-looking lot. Me, myself. You and I. 20,000 people died in Tehran, 5 minutes of broadcast time. But the sky-tower in Sentosa gets 10 minutes air time. How do you look? How do I look? Look at that rock on her finger. Look at her boyfriend. Look at his hair. Look at how much weight she's put on. What does she mean when she said that? What does he think I mean?

Everyone's opinion is valid, but seriously, does it honestly matter? We are told to learn to love the multitudes like Jesus loved his and if those things neither affects one's health or salvation, we should have better things to concern our self with.

Audio: Silence please.
Biblio: Mammon Inc. by Hwee Hwee Tan.
Cerebrio: Time for me to get on to my nihongo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home