Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Tuesday, January 06, 2004

COLD relief

I'm no quaker or puritan. Thank God for the miracle of biochemistry, pseudoephdrine hydrocholride and parecetemol!

On the matter of unfinished business. I haven't seen Joshua yet. But I have made contact. That was a little fiasco, itself still unresolved. I called him on his mobile saturday morning, all prepared to eat humble pie and reconcile. But being the busy doctor, it did the doctor's beep instead. I decided not to leave my number but forgot that it would register on his phone anyway. He called back asking who called for him and took me surprise because I was just rushing out of the door to go pick mum up from work. The rushed phone conversation was anything but reality.

"Oh, I was back and thought we could catch up." Now, we haven't talked or even exchanged glances for over two years... the last thing I wanted was to come across as old mates just catching up. But obviously, I'd lost that sombre tone I was hoping to acheive initially.

Eventually I decided to SMS him to indicate more clearly my intention of calling him to see if he was comfortable meet up so I could say sorry for how badly I behaved and let him know that he'd been forgiven and it was blessing and all that...

Hi. Sorry, was in a rush just now, didn’t explain my purpose of calling clearly. Wanted to find out if you were comfortable having a chat. I think I would like to finish our unresolved business. Would appreciate it if I could let you know in person that I’m sorry where I've behaved badly and that I’ve forgiven you. How?

That was on saturday - he still hasn't replied to that SMS. I resolve not to obsess on its implications (hence this blog), I'm sure it would have taken him by surprise too. But I'll call in the next few days anyway to make my intention absolutely clear. I have to admit, at the point of sending off and awaiting the answer, I have found out just how much I have wanted to close this chapter and how Satan still tries to cloud it in pride.

It can be up to him if Joshua so chooses either way out but at leasts I'll have known what I would have done. Honestly, finally, I really would have liked to be on easy terms with him and let the whole fiasco die its natural death.

God, please prepare our hearts for a real reconciliation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home