Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Sunday, March 14, 2004

IN A HEARTBEAT

Today, I'm writing this in Kyoto. I like Kyoto city. I've just come back from a night riding session from Kyoto city with a my Sydney rock-climbing buddy who I haven't seen for about a year or two. After spending a day in it looking at very cool cultural things like Kyoto food, eating authentic kaiten sushi and finally a decent cup of coffee at Starbucks (yea, unfortunately thats they best Japan has to offer), we cycled along the river northward away from the city. It was cold, but refreshing to have the chill on our cheeks.

Then we cut across the river into and through a really old forest which houses a historical shinto shrine. A good number of samurai movies have been made there apparently. I've seen a number of shrines since I've been here, but its was particularly beautiful to be there, at night, on our bikes, with no one around us. Just the quiet. I would move here in a heartbeat. Kyoto is nice, its got natural stuff for me to go out and do and cultural stuff that sates my soul....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home