Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Friday, April 02, 2004

IT HAD TO BE DIVINE

I had a long talk with my Ape this evening. Its good long distance internet calls are cheap.

The Ape said this which makes sense: Its true, this has to be divined.

Because no way I would have chosen the life I have here. No way I would have picked to work in one of the Big Four giants , no way I would have chosen where I stay and the isolation. And, being really honest, I would not have chosen to teach, let alone teach English. If I had known all this, I wouldn't have come here. Anyone who knows me knows I just cannot cop the corporate world and never will. Its as far away from my ideal. Just about everything about me being here is not me at all. It had to be God. That was so right and so encouraging.

The Ape once again reminded me of one of Katay’s message at Barney's just before I left; all King Jehosivak (spelling probably wrong) of Judah was to do against the enemy, the Ammorites and Hitties who were at his doorstep, was to show up on the battle front and stand and God would do the fighting for him. He didn't even raise a weapon. He just stood. Lirps directed me to The Armor of God, that it wasn’t about fighting the fight. It was just about standing.

Therefore put on the full armour of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.
Ephesians 6:10-15.

That made sense. I was being attacked but I wasn’t being proactive and fighting out. I was just being me, standing up for the Christian principles I practiced. And just standing up for those, for honesty, sincerity and integrity was going to be enough to upset people.

I have to stand firm.

Audio: Stuck in the middle with you by Stealers Wheel thanks to Virginradio.co.uk.!
Biblio: Japanese Culture: A Primer.
Cerebrio: The week has been shockingly atrocious. I'm so glad its over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home