Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Saturday, April 17, 2004

NO TEARS. NO TRAUMAS.



Psalm 96:12 Let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them.
Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy.


I didn't make it Kyoto this weekend, but, I made it through the week alright. No tears! No traumas! It's a first for me here in Japan. Acheivement! My URTI has subsided and the Thing I Had To Do this week is done and out of my hands and it the hands of God. Not that it wasn't in the first place... But now, there is nothing I can worry about.

Wow, a year ago today, I was organising yet another OCF conference camp where I remember meeting someone I was quite interested in and going a little nutty on my first night, talking to God out loud in open country Wollongong. And now, its a year and the conventions going on and now my sources tell me that though he's going back, I'm not there. Besides, someone else is waiting in the wings. That's completely beside my point.

OMG. ITS BEEN A WHOLE YEAR SINCE THEN?!

Its been almost 6 months since I decided to accept this position, 88 days since I've been in Japan. In some way I can't believe its been six months since that decision, because the last three months have been really hard and seem incredibly long not to mention at times, painful, that I imagine "how am I going to see my one year contract through!?" much less go through the two-year plan here. But, if I just take one day at a time, maybe I can just perservere another two months and if my leave gets approved, it'll be time for me to head back to sydney home!

Audio: I Miss You by Blink182 on VirginRadio UK.
Biblio: Hard-boiled Wonderland and the End of the World by Haruki Murakami
Cerebrio: Time is such a riddle isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home