Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Wednesday, April 28, 2004

SILOUETTE

I've lost my bible. "Lost", is a good thing. It's Ryoko's last day at work and I managed to speak to her briefly at lunch break yesterday. I'd been praying about how I would bring it up and so, I prayed God give me the right words to speak.

"Ryoko, do you read much?"

"I like to read. But I don't have time... You?"

"Yes! I make time for it."

"Yes yes. Make time for it."

*pause*

"If I give you a book, will you read it?"

"Ah?"

"Can I give you this book?" I hand Ryoko my Gideon's NT, "Think of it as a farewell gift."

"Oh!"

"Yea, and now that you have some time on your hands, you can read it! It's bilingual. One column in English and one column in Japanese! So you can improve your english and you can understand what its saying at the same time! Some of my friends use the first four books to teach English, so read the first four okay?"

"Okay! We must keep in touch yah?"

"Sure! And if you have any questions, if you don't understand. You know my email right?"

Ryoko and the rest of the team and the Kashiba office know who I am and what I stand for. They've seen me read the book over lunch and I have it lying around my table at break. Pray. Prayer is all I can do to see to what end I could continue to put christianity in her life... at least for her to choose knowingly...

* * * * *

Today's the first day I managed to catch the silouette of Mt. Nijo at twilight after work. I've not yet been able to leave the office early enough to catch the dusk as it happens. But I did today!

Today's freak spring weather meant I got one more wear of my black coat this year. I managed to catch my reflection in a window around work and I reckon I stepped straight out of the set of Matrix. I like...

And because I can, everyone, meet my sister, CurlySu.


Audio: -/-
Biblio: Spiritual Warfare: How to live in victory and retake the land by Dean Sherman.
Cerebrio: Yay! No kids for a week! Tokyo tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home