Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Wednesday, May 26, 2004

40 Modern Japanese Artists

My Japanese tutor is a oil & sketch painter and was one of the 40 selected.
Chieko had some of her works on American Indian motifs on display.
So I headed up to Kyoto City Museum a few weeks ago to play the patron.


Her American Indian Deers.


One of the works I saw by another artist inspired me to do this:



The Raven



Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December,
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.
Eagerly I wished the morrow; - vainly I had sought to borrow
From my books surcease of sorrow - sorrow for the lost Lenore -
For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels named Lenore -
Nameless here for evermore.

Go to the Gallery >>



If you'd like to use one of these as desktops, leave me a message. Just doing my bit for the local talent. :-)

Audio: Sidewinder sleeps tonight by REM on VirginRadio UK.
Biblio: KANSAI Scene.
Cerebrio: My sitemeter has been turning up something really interesting. Try throwing in "Babara Kruger" into Yahoo search. See if you can find "wally". ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home