Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Monday, June 14, 2004

IT'S ELECTION TIME


It is time to elect a new world leader, and only your vote counts. Here are the facts about the three leading candidates.

Candidate A
Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologists.He's had two Mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day.

Candidate B
He was kicked ou t of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of whiskey every evening.

Candidate C
He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian, doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and never cheated on his wife.

Which of these candidates would be your Choice?

Decide first, no peeking, then scroll down for the answer.

> > > > ----------------------------------------------

Candidate A: is Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Candidate B: is Winston Churchill.

Candidate C: is Adolph Hitler.

* * * * *

I didn’t sleep well last night because I was excited. Not excited because I’m going leaving for Sydney on wednesday - that is more like a relief like an outlet valve for decompression. Excited because I wondered about “what ifs”. So many what-ifs. So many possibilities. So many things I want. So many things I’m afraid to admit, too afraid to hope for.

Anyway, got into a minor accident this afternoon at work. On the way to the postoffice to send of an important document, my keys got jammed up at the front of my bike. Wanting it not to get it mixed up in the wheels I try to reach it to yank it out of the grill but in doing so my bike starts to veer right and next thing I know I'm screeching tyres and brakes and greeting someone's porch grill with a kiss on my cheek.

It's only a minor abrasion and thank goodness I wasn't riding on the road when this happened. But there goes my perfect complexion for this weekend's photoshoots!

Dear God,

Thank you for a good weekend of fun and encouragement. Thank you for Suma Beach at Kobe. Thank you for being sovereign in my life. Thank you for doing the things you do, for bringing me here even if I still don’t know why and don’t enjoy it either. Thank you for possessing me to work on graduate school. Thank you for teaching me the things I‘ve learnt in the process. Thank you for sending the responses my way. Thank you for making human beings, making us, making me hopeful, for giving us hopes and emotions. Lord, help me to commit my heart’s desires into your hand. Help me surrender to your will. Take my hopes, my dreams and make them real for me. Lord, help me to also accept where my desires and hopes are not fulfilled. Help me then, not to be resigned and disenchanted but to learn to continually keep having faith in you. Lord, I pray for favour in applying for graduate research. I pray you will show me option to pursue these interests. Show me how I can finance these research. Grant me favour in the eyes of the decision makers. Lord, specifically, I pray that the application letters and references letters I have sent and will send out will reach the designated addresses safely and on time and not be lost in the mail.

Lord, I also pray for the coming week. Watch over my family as they travel from Singapore to Sydney. Lord, help mom enjoy her airplane ride. Give Dad enough sleep in the plane and Su-ann not be miserable apart from Daniel. Lord, you make our ten days together worthy of ten years. Give us a great time as a family during this holiday. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to meet my folks. Thank you for them. Lord, I also pray that the time I will spend with my friends in Sydney will be encouraging to them and to me. I pray that you hold the sun and the moon as we spend it and treasure the time together. Help me also gain perspective and insight into how the near future will unfold for me. Give me patience with my family, give me wisdom and words to share with them my thoughts and troubles. Lord, help me get safely to the airport, grant the pilots who will fly us into Sydney, good nights rest. Grant us all journey mercies. Lord, amen.


Audio: Scissor Sisters by Laura on Virginradio UK.
Biblio: -/-
Cerebrio: What will my life look like 10 years from now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home