Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Saturday, June 12, 2004

MEMBER OF COUNCIL


It's still early stages, but one of the members of the IPCS council replied in an email:

Your work on Singapore sounds very interesting - I certainly would be interested in reading your thesis and research proposal. I am also more than happy to circulate it amongst the members of our nascent Singapore Studies community here in Melbourne.

If you are considering applying to universities in Melbourne I'd be happy to provide advice as to where people are working and on the various options which might be open to you. Should you come to Melbourne we'd love to have you become involved in the affairs of the Institute. Our events and programmes more broadly would be of interest to you as you work up your material on postcoloniality and contemporary Singapore. There are also lots of opportunities to become involved in the day to day affairs of the Institute - we'd love to have you on board!

I assume you have already checked out our website, over the next month or so we will be putting up details of our second semester programme. Of course we'd be thrilled if you became a member of the Institute.

I do hope we'll have an opportunity to meet - and to work together.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes, Obendorf


Would you love me and be thrilled enough to offer me a scholarship? Here's to hoping. And, even if nothing comes out of it, its always pleasant to know someone finds my work interesting. :-)

Audio: Bugz from the rice paddies
Biblio: Emails.
Cerebrio: Jules sent me Ice Age and Love Actually DVDs to cheer me up all the way from Adelaide! Lovely, lovely, lovely!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home