Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Only in his hometown and in his own house is a prophet without honor


Man, some of ISEAS' senior academics are downright offensive. I swear, if ever I get to a point I'm sought after, I know who I won't give the time of day to.

The replies from institutes and universities outside of Singapore, are worlds apart.... If our academics who are part of the think-tank in "Remaking Singapore" cannot even open their eyes, what hope does Singapore really have for change? I'm not even asking for a positive or favourable reply, but there is no need to brush me off with a "Find details from the webpage. No advice. Go search on the web." WTF?!?! You think I don't know that? Why else would I bother to enquire for advice as to where people are working and on the various fields of research in ISEAS? This stinks of elitism.

Ace-ing everything sans Chinese, pioneering Bioinformatics at Ngee Ann, getting involved in the Harvard Project for Asian International Relations, Ambassadors for my institutes, only International student in my honours cohort doesn't buy enough clout even for an enquiry? Singapore, Singapore, when will I ever be good enough for you? What did I do that you hold against me?When will you ever learn?

Well, my consolation is that Jesus said the words, "Only in his hometown and in his own house is a prophet without honor." And he did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith.

Audio: Concerto for 2 Mandolins in G, Andante by Antonio Vivaldi.
Biblio: -/-
Cerebrio: Frustrated. Dissapointed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home