Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Saturday, July 31, 2004

ENNUI SETS IN

Have bugger all to show for my four day vacation. A grand waste of time. Except, a whole lot of new music stuffed into my iPod.

Overheard on a telephone conversation, my mother mumbling to my dad before he speaks to me, "Will you tell her to come home?"

Crikey, my folks are old. My mom is peppered underneath her mom of black no matter how youthful she looks. She doesn't even try by the way. My dad, meanwhile is playing Seniors golf at the club this arvo and trying to swat away the people who want to promote him from his semi-retirement job. And where was I when all this was happening? Busy chasing my own adventures.

I feel I owe them some of my youthful energy while I still have it.

I'm too young for this responsibility! This sucks!

Yeah, it bites.

My beach vacation has ended. The typhoons have arrived. It even made the news. I'm not supposed to go anywhere on my bike. Yeah, like I'm going to want to bike in the wet. Have you seen how uncool the japanese are attaching their brollies to their shopping baskets? They even put cup-holders on the handles. One day there's going to be a portable mobile phone attachment for the bike, which can recharge using the energy generated from the pedallin'!

But no one said nuthing' about the Soul Sistas Partaeee on Shinsaibashi tonight. But I'm so tight, I don't even want to pay for train-fare.


Japanese maple.



Audio: Bic Runga's Beautiful Collision. Understated talent for sure.
Biblio: Bill Bryson's A Short History of Nearly Everything
Cerebrio: Ennui has set in and very soon will cement me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home