Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Sunday, July 11, 2004

GOIDO:PUNGGOL as ASHIYA:BUONA VISTA

And, that's what it feels like. Spent saturday at Ashiya, recce'd the joint, and am completely sold. Not only is the apartment by the river and a walk to the beach, its also got a nice broadwalk along the river, albeit a little sparse of people, with plenty of flats for running and in-line skating. And as we walked along the Ashiyagawa, we spotted a handful of wakeboarders on the river. It's a long straight estuary out into Osaka Bay. Perfect for the sport.

The beach was nothing grand. But with all the open space and really green grass (not gravel or rice padis) and walkways, with the children's jungle gyms and paddling pools, it reminded me a lot of West Coast park. Tick!

We recount our steps back to apartment, crossed the river, and this time we spotted a team of canoeist racing through. Grand!

Altogether, this week has been grand. Possibly the happiest and most relaxed I've been throughout my time here. A sign of good things to come? Now, I have to worry about writing my first resignation letter. And, that opinion piece I've been asked to write for a Malaysian online editorial on perspectives covered in my thesis. Grin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home