Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Thursday, July 15, 2004

WINNERS ARE QUITTERS WHO KNOW WHEN TO LEAVE

Just this morning, I received an email from headoffice, "I was just writing to see how your doing, and if there is anything that i can do for you? I had a look at your numbers and they appear to be holding steady. That is good to see.''

What was good to see was that I was another corporate tool, another number for the capitalist venture.

Yet, for all its misrepresentation, I was filled with tingly nervousness as I signed and fax off my letter. I know I didn't have to feel bad/anxious/nervous/scared/jittery (delete as appropriate) but I was. The heartbreak of finality and dissapointment with the company.

But why was I even worrying about it? Millions of people, around the world, everyday, hand in their resignations, all the time and with even less notice than me. For reasons of this argument, I'm no different from them in this way. Why am I worrying? Besides, I have a big man taking care of the job for me.

And really, all was good. I didn't care anymore because it was none of my God-business to and I didn't have to. All said, it was civil and courteous if not actually a rather pleasant affair altogether.

And now that this chapter is about to close, I resolve to enjoy myself in the next one. I will. I can feel the breakthrough.

Audio: Afterglow by Sarah McLachlan.
Biblio: The Home and The World by Tagore.
Cerebrio: I couldn't be convinced to stay even till the end of August. I can barely contain myself till the end of July!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home