Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Sunday, August 01, 2004

LOVE ME AS IS

I thought I had a restful four day weekend. But, it seems I've ended up quite exhausted. Maybe its the having to go back to work. Only ten more days... Or, maybe its all the salsa-ing I did last night. And the mambo.

G-gg-guan-ta-naaa-me-raaa. Guajii-raaa Guantanamera.

I barely got up in time to make the train for church. I got up 4 minutes before the train leaves the station. I live 7 minutes away. So I was late. But, not only was I late, my brain was so not awake that I went to the wrong building. Morning church has to occilate between two venues. So I lost even more time. Spent rest of the day in a cloud of haze.

On the train into the city, I got to thinking about the people I think of in high regard. There are some people whom we have a healthy respect for. Members of our family, friends we've grown up with, acquaintances we've had at school (who were perhaps too "with it" to have been friends with us) ... ... I have some of these people in mind.

They're the people, I wish I could be and they make me want to be a better person. I suppose if "role model" came to mind, it would be made up of different facets of all these people.

By now, we all know better that no one's perfect. Still, we get dissapointed by some of the decisions they do end up making. What was Ms. Scarlett thinking in the drawing room? Why on earth did Mr. Mustard do that in the libary? And I get sad when I see how these people live in other facets of their life and let me down in the choices they make for lifestyles. Who am I to berate others for being "unequally yoked", moving in with their partners, having sex before marriage, or even falling away from the flock? Naive I am not, neither am I innocent. Exhibit A. Guilty as charged. What makes me so sad is when I remember that some of these people, whom I look up to, I may never look on them again when I get to Heaven. It's just so sad. But I guess, God didn't give up on me, so I shouldn't give up on them. And God loves me as am so I should love them as are.

Audio: Come Up by Steve Harlry and Cockney Rebel on VirginRadioUK.
Biblio: Bill Bryson's A Short History of Nearly Everything
Cerebrio: Haha! They're giving out "RESERVED" tissue packets in Singapore! Hey, anyone in Singapore, I want one! Ok. Am zonkered.

THE TENJIN MATSURI


It dates back to the 10th century when the Osakans wanted to avoid diseases during long, hot summers. I say! They were on to a good thing! Nothing like getting stuck in a crowd! >>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home