Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Monday, October 04, 2004

DOING IT SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER STYLE

Fall season has finally arrived. By that I mean the cold weather. Properly cool enough to send me out shopping for some new additions to my fall/winter wardrobe. Once again, Laura and myself almost bought identical items. The good thing about having identical taste in clothes is that we have a a bigger wardrobe between the two of us. The downside is that, we always come out of our rooms wearing almost the same thing. Whoever steps out first gets to keep her choice of clothes!

Monday night is chilled out in here and out there. I went out for a quick but hard bike ride and a lap around the track after work even though I was aching all over cause my resolution of steel was a no-show at Saf's bowling party yesterday. I had almost everything that could be bad for me. You name it, I had it. It was afterall a kid's party. Chocolate, chips, pop-corn, pretz sticks, soda of all variety, spag bol with heapings of cheese, chocolate cakes and ice-cream cake. Safia's like a kid-sister around church. Reminds me a lot of my relationship with my cousin, if only I were in Singapore.



Next to Safia, I look so grown up!



But bowling was fun! It was a little natsukashii! My ex-boyfriends, Aaron used to be a bowler, by that I mean national competition, sports scholarship standard. And at that stage of my life, I was playing the part of the supportive girlfriend at training. Of course, very little of his skill rubbed off on me although we spent a good deal of our time at the bowling alley if we weren't at his comic shop. What did rub off though, was form. I was all style but no skill. So, now my arms are killing me as are my legs where I lunged and twisted. I even sent the ball in the wrong direction at the end when my fingers decided to go on strike. I couldn't be any worse! Thank goodness I didn't say all that before we played!




It's a bowling partee!




Showing 'em how its done. Saturday Night Fever style.




That's a 9 pounder, not a weightless basketball I'm holding!




Praying that they grow into godly women...


Audio: Addicted by Simple Plan.
Biblio: The Power of a Praying Woman by Stormie Omartian.
Cerebrio: God, give me the peace that comes from knowing that not only are you in control of the world, you are in control of my world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home