Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Tuesday, November 02, 2004

THE 1800s ALL OVER AGAIN

I've been seen regularly with my head over a bowl of steam these few days. I'm not trying to open my pores in vain. It's the 1800's all over again; before the time of asthma ventollin puffers, before the time of penicillin, a time where catching a cold meant catching your death and when a cough could mean consumption.

I've been practicing The Dissapearing Chilibuddy Act! This is just an ordinary towel, just like one you might find in your shower. Now you see The Chilibuddy, look at my face, look how I dip my head behind it and tadah! now you don't see The Chilibuddy! I'm bent over and inhaling a steaming cocktail of camphor, menthol and eucalyptus oil.

Well, I'm feeling slightly better for it. A visit to the doctors could set me back up to AUD$100 for a consultation and a standard prescription of antibiotics. No matter that I won't understand what the doc says or know what potent cocktail of drugs he's whipped up for me. And, it's thoroughly my fault because I haven't been arsed enough to reapply for medical insurance.

For my endeavours while resting at home, I have discovered a good debut solo, A Girl Called Eddy which has been on repeat dispite being on my high turnover playlist,

Once we were people,
Who used to dream about the future.
Once we were people,
With stars in our eyes.
Where did it all go?

And When did we stop taking pictures?
And when did you lose all your fight?
And when did you sigh, give up and resign?
I'll never give up on you.


Audio: Somebody Hurt You by A Girl Called Eddy.
Biblio: Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier.
Cerebrio: It's another public holiday tomorrow! 4 day work week! YATAH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home