Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Thursday, November 18, 2004

AFTER A LONG TIME, AGAIN.

Now, I never thought I could find anyone who would cry over a movie like Baz Luhrman's Moulin Rouge. Until I watched it again after a very long time. The occupational hazard of being a Film student, or even an English Literature student, is that you have to learn to read the text in an objective manner. Sometimes that means forgoing losing oneself in it. No doubt when you're watchin a post-modern text a gazillion times to be made more awares of all the -isms weaved into the plot.

But after a long time again, I've caught myself lost in this movie.

And, I cried.

Audio: Moulin Rouge OST.
Biblio: Foreign Bodies by Hwee Hwee Tan.
Cerebrio: The greatest thing, you'll ever learn is just to love and to be loved back in return. It says so in the bible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home