Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Friday, November 19, 2004

Envy, is the name of the green-eyed monster.

There is a really powerful ministry going on at school in the class a grade above me. Two families (mother and kids) are being won over by Christ in the classroom and are going to church at KIBC! (Kobe International Baptist Church and my school is one and the same building). I am very envious of the impact in that classroom and frustrated at the lack thereof in mine. Y'see, the teachers in that class are clearly evangelistic. Biblestories, worship songs, teaching syllabus designed around biblical principles. My class, on the other hand, is headed by M, the uninterested non-Christian. So, my plans to witness and bring God into the classroom are hindered. God, stay the envy. Transform it into a useful drive for your ministry...

It was M's birthday yesterday and K's on Tuesday (I think), so all of us are going out to buy them birthday dinners. "Birthday" is just an excuse to be going out and having dinner together. (See: Having a Life in Japan). It is, a good opportunity for M to catch a glimpse of the allure of giving up the right to your life for a bigger entity to take care of. God, make me a good witness. Give me words of life to speak of the hope I have in you.

I have a bunch of photos I keep meaning to put up but I haven't got to sorting through my iPhoto libaries and cropping them to size. I apologise for the all-text in the meantime.

Keely is coming tomorrow evening. I'm really excited. She gets to celebrate Thanksgiving with us!

It's getting properly chilly now. It's four now, but it feels like six already. I went an invested in a heater. It looks remarkably like a table swivel fan but without blades. Instead its got hotwire behind the center and the heat bounces off the metal backing and radiates heat everywhere. I don't need it yet. Not at all. I am attempting to acclimatize myself to the cold. (See: Exobitant electricity tax simply for living in the posh district of Ashiya). But I don't want to wait till my nose is an icicle and have to brave the antartic to get a heater.

Audio: Crying Like A Church On Monday by New Radicals.
Biblio: -/-
Cerebrio: ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home