Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Friday, November 12, 2004

ON THE MANY THINGS ON MY MIND

On CurlySu's uncertainty about coming over.
Well, at least now it is in no uncertain terms. I'm off to KIX to send Laura back home for the holidays on the 11th of December, and just by the way, pick my sister up that very morning for three weeks with me. Oh I won't ask for much this Christmas, I won't even wish for snow. I'm just gonna keep on waiting, underneath the mistletoe. I won't make a list and send it to the North Pole for Saint Nick. I won't even stay awake to hear those magic reindeer click...

On the dynamics of my working relationship with my non-christian co-teacher.
Who put up a teru-teru-bozu "doll" (See: Idol) outside the classroom to ward away bad weather for the zoo field trip, in a Christian school no less. How about some sensitivity to the school curriculum policy or at least the people who make up the school? Who is so industriously non-christian she dreads doing the standard-every-american-school-nativity-play or even the Angelic choir. How dare she take away the joy and the very reason for the christmas festivities? Who wants to assert she is a non-christian so badly, she probably fears what I might start to teach the kids if I got some rein in leading the teaching material and class responsibility. Pray for me about this. If those are her reasons for being anxious to fight it means there is an spiritual battle being fought in the classroom...

On my being ill and poorly for a whole month.
Me. Sick. For a month. Ridiculous. Cannae go out and play. All rest and no play makes the Chilibuddy a restless soul.

On the impending approach of December.
Which means January comes hot on its tail unexpectedly after a month of yuletide revelry and family visitations. In January, my visa will expire. Should I stay on or should I go? As far as I can see, I plan to stay here a bit longer. How long? Till summer, and see the end of the (American) school year then spend a few months in China paying my due for third-world development work? Or take up the headmaster's headsup and take my current kids up one grade and be their head teacher (!) from September 2005 onwards? And what will that mean? Make teaching a long term plan? a career? Me? A teacher? Can anyone look at me and go, "but, of course! What else?"

Audio:You Are The Sunshine Of My Life by Frank Sinatra.
Biblio: Foreign Bodies by Hwee Hwee Tan.
Cerebrio: Giving serious consideration on pursueing a certification for Theology from Moore College Correspondence. Reckon it will come in useful when I venture out to do third-world missions. Meanwhile, daytripping north to Kyoto to see the bamboo zen forest and the blazing red japanese maples tomorrow. Early night! Oyasumi!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home