Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Tuesday, December 21, 2004

EVEN WHEN I DON'T SEE, I STILL BELIEVE.

Though the questions still fog up my mind,
With promises I still seem to bear.
Even when answers slowly unwind,
It's my heart I see you prepare.
But its now that I feel your grace fall like rain,
From every fingertip washing away my pain.


And just like that, I know God must have other plans for me.

About a month ago, I met Jesus in a dream. It's the first time I'd seen him and I can't even tell you what his face looks like. but you all know that in dreams, even when you can't see the person, you know who thee persona is? Well, this was him. No face to the persona, just robed in a lot of white and brightness but not in a blinding light that knees you to the ground. Just a brightness that brings awe.

There isn't much more to it, except the most important part that he handed me an alarm clock and said in not so many words, "Here take this. It's set for 7 o'clock. So you won't miss it." And just like that, the dream was over. Now, it was a friday night's sleep so I had made sure I was going to get all my heart's desire of sleeping in which meant, I had switched off all alarms, double layered my curtain to block light out and as if that were not enough, put on an eye mask and plugged my ears in.

Of course, in relating this, you probably expect me to tell you that at 7 o'clock the next morning my alarm clock went off - miraculously. Well, my alarm clock is never set before 7:30am. But, your guess would have been right. My alarm clock did go off at 7:00am the next morning. And what did yours truly who'd just met Jesus do? Turned it right off and went back to sleep. Oh yeah. Sleep.

The next morning, I related the incident to Laura and then went back to check if my alarm clock was on and had been set at 7:00am or if I were simply imagining things. The alarm was set at 7:30am and it was still set to off.

What did that all mean? God knows. Something of God's perfect number of 7, something about "waking up to something". I've been trying to figure this one out. I don't usually have such vivid dreams and remember them. Then again, if you ever got to meet Jesus, I don't think you'd forget it either.

I still believe in your faithfulness.
I still believe in your truth.
I still believe in your holy word,
Even when I dont see I still believe.


Well my friends, what am I babbling on about? You'll know from my archives that over this year I have been putting in some meagre work to going back to the faculty to continue my research in Post-colonial Political Culture studies. The good news if you haven't heard, is that Melbourne University did offer me a place to do it. The better news is, I won't be doing it. The International Postgraduate Research Scholarship didn't come through for me, so I have no moolah to fund my research. Which brings me back to my first point; just like that, I know God must have other plans for me.

The only place I can go is into your arms,
Where I throw to you my feeble prayers in brokeness.
I can see that this is your will for me,
Help me to know you are near.


So, here's the plan. I'm staying in Japan for another six months which will take me to June/July. In a matter of time I believe, I will finally set my decision in writing that I will leave after that and not take up the job security of working at the school till Sept 2006. That is my decision. I'll pop over into China and see if I can be used there. And God knows what will happen next.

Audio: I Still Believe by Jeremy Camp.
Biblio: The Lady And The Unicorn by Tracy Chevalier.
Cerebrio: Off to school! I'm late!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home