Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Sunday, December 19, 2004

FROM MILD IRRITATION TO PLAIN DISDAIN

The last couple of nights, I have been going to sleep early about 11pm only to be awaken sometime between 2am and 3am to CurlySu on the phone or on Skype appeasing the likes of a boy called Daniel. Yes, its their relationship, their business but I have no intention of "approving" this boy in her life.

The last two times the family has been on holiday together, he has not failed to hound for my sister's attention on the phone for hours; usually when everyone ought to be in bed. It has meant that she sleeps late, wakes late and basically fouls up the mood and plan of the day's schedule. And, our fitful sleep.

It's okay if its her plan, but when it means my sleep is consistently being broken I start to get very irritated at the thorn. I get woken up and then, I can't get to sleep for another hour. So I lose my sleep. And write like so. Mind you, my readers, I am not on holiday, I still have to work and then put in somemore time to take her around so I am accumulating an immense sleep debt.

There is a fine line between indulging her whims (and sleeping patterns) since she is on a holiday - I am trying my best not to let my irritation at the situation show - and wanting to put my foot down at something irreprehensibly ridiculous and terribly painful. Like, having him make her return flight arrangements (to return earlier so he can have her back. The selfish bugger. She's suppose to be here so she can spend time with me) and my having to sort out the logistics on this end meaning, finding the friggin' airline office in goodness knows where in Osaka City. Like hullo? It's already hard enough trying to etch out something that looks like I'm coping with Japan by trying not to have to trouble myself with it except for the absolutely neccesary. Now I have to make phone calls (with what language skills?), find the airline office in a city I still get lost in every weekend going to church, and then have to get myself understood to have the tickets changed? Does he not know how bloody hard it was to get our internet connected when we did have help from my japanese colleagues?

I'm sorry, I have gone from being irritated at him to plainly disliking a boy I have not met. I certainly do not intend to be nice beyond cordial. Thing is, for all their hard work, I am willing to wager on experience that this is not a relationship that will last a three-year distance between two continents. It's not even healthy enough. So, I won't even bother.

Audio: What's to be heard at 4am except my sensibilities telling me I should be asleep?
Biblio: The Heavenly Man by Brother Yun.
Cerebrio: Pished. In college, I lost one of my close friends to a vampire boyfriend, who sucked her, just like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home