Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Thursday, December 16, 2004

I BOUGHT A CARPET!

I meant to take Su into Amerika-mura this evening for her to exercise some of her spending power here but in the end, I found myself exercising more of my money power than she got to. It being winter, it was all the winter fashion streetwear about and the place where she is moving to is all about the tepid, slightly-less-than-tropic weather of the coast.

And I can never resist Amerika-mura. Never. This time, I outdid myself and bought an amber-tinted pair of shades. They'll do very well to keep out the UV but not very much to block out the sun and as if that wasn't a splurge, I got myself a wearable carpet from a second-hand store too.

It's a furry red coat with silver embroidery, gray-fur cuffs all around the middle, the sleeves and the big hoodie to keep your head warm in. Very north-eastern looking. An article of clothing I'd consider after being inspired from watching Seven Years In Tibet last night. I really fought to resist the temptation but I couldn't not pass owning something so indulgent for less than $100. Yet another one of those characteristic talking peices I endeavour to acquire.

Pictures here.

Audio: CurlySu's nattering.
Biblio: The Heavenly Man by Brother Yun.
Cerebrio: CurlySu is considering cutting short her holiday, to go back a week early, on the 27th Dec instead of the 3rd, because she "thinks she should be at work on the 2nd Jan, monday". We know better. Someone in Singapore has been pestering her to spend more time with him...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home