Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Tuesday, December 07, 2004

I WILL MAKE LIKE A POTATO

Have been productive this sick leave morning. Cleaned up the front lounge, even wiped down the television, VCRs, even behind the sofas and threw some cushions into the washing machine. It didn't really like it though and threatened to eat it up, spit it out and explode. But I now have two clean cushions ready for CurlySu when she comes on saturday.

Spent an hour composing long over due replies to people. Mostly to inform some of the know that I shan't be coming home this christmas and maybe not even for Chinese New Year. Am decided that I shall be here and extend my contract for at least another six months to a year. If God doesn't open the door to Melbourne that is.

Melbourne University has offered me a place to further my Cultural Politics research with their Postcolonial Studies department with one of the best at the topic. Is a relief and comfort. But waiting on the moolah to support a four-year haul to be a poor starving student. Am at utmost peace about the outcome for Melbourne. Know with faith that if God closes this door, he wants me to be somewhere else (here?) doing something else (this?) for some time more.

Newsflash in my email. My last ex-boyfriend and the girl who I got left for have just got married and are honeymooning in Turkey. It was only a matter of time. Oh well.

Audio: You're The One For Me, Fatty by Morrissey.
Biblio: Japanese For Busy People, One.
Cerebrio: It could've been me. But then, I wouldn't have had this opportunity to be here. Hhrrrmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home