Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Thursday, December 30, 2004

JAPAN + NATSUKASHI = SENTIMENTAL

I just sent CurlySu off. Party's over. Down come the Christmas tree, the lights and wreath. I'll leave the greeting cards on the wall a little longer to relish. Man, what a month it has been, from November leading all the way up to December. I don't like to be alone in Japan, being a foreigner really sets you apart in reality and in the mind. But I think I'm going to really appreciate the long New Year's week holiday to just wind down from all the hullabaloo. A sentimental echo of my life in Sydney. It's amazing just how a year ago, I treasured the privacy of living in my own loft. But now, even in a three-bedroom apartment by the beach, that lifestyle is not one I want to perpetuate in Japan for too long. I bet you before I know it, I will be waiting expectantly for Laura to be back.

I've overspent my budget this season, but seeing as how Su has just inherited my digital camera in advance of her relocation to Australia, I think i've got my eyes set on the Nikon CoolPix 4000 series or the Canon A75/85 by the start of the new school term. I really wanted something with long-term expansion potential but my finances have no such potential to expend.

Also, I haven't eaten so richly in for so long in Japan. My sister is a real meat-eater. Me, I think my choice of diet is a reflection of my time spent in Australia. Yoghurt! Milk! Juice! Granola! Muesli! Fruit! Veggies! Gonna have to do a fruit-vege detox diet soon.

Now, I'm going to catch up on my much needed sleep and put a dent in the debt.

Audio: Jesus, Etc. from Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot.
Biblio: Soul Survivor: How I survived The Church by Philip Yancey.
Cerebrio: I know my title has nothing to do with the entry. But I just realized the closest english word to 'natsukashi!' is 'sentimental'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home