Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Wednesday, January 19, 2005

A TIME FOR EVERYTHING

The good news is that we have all the documents necessary and I should be a legal alien by tomorrow. I can hear echos of my own allusions to MIB from emails I sent a year ago upon arriving here. The bad news, is that I don't get to go to Seoul on the company expense. Bugger.

On saturday, we're going to have a swanky celebration dinner on occasion of Laura being accepted into Teacher's College and my having come to some concrete decisions about work and Japan and the acheivement of my being here for one year.

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:
- a time to be born and a time to die,
- a time to plant and a time to uproot,
- a time to kill and a time to heal,
- a time to tear down and a time to build,
- a time to weep and a time to laugh,
- a time to mourn and a time to dance,
- a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
- a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
- a time to search and a time to give up,
- a time to keep and a time to throw away,
- a time to tear and a time to mend,
- a time to be silent and a time to speak,
- a time to love and a time to hate,
- a time for war and a time for peace.


I still don't know what the future has in store for me. I don't even know what this season is even as I see the end of this chapter close. But, I have come to peace with God about it - or at least somewhat closer to a peace about it.

Audio: 1000 Fragen from Silbermond's Mach's Dir Selbst album.
Biblio: The Magician's Nephew from C.S. Lewis' Narnian Chronicles.
Cerebrio: It seems Time might be this years focus. But when is it never on my mind?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home