Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Tuesday, January 18, 2005

YOU WAKE UP AND TOMORROW IS TODAY



Laura's back in town already and its been good to have her back. Although "back" is not so much physical as is just presence since she is now on her third day of getting over jetlagged. That's her k.o.'ed on the couch since 7:30pm this evening. I predict she'll be up by 4 in the morning pottering about breakfast.

We are really happy. Today has been a day of decisions and confirmations. She gave a little yelp early this morning which about startled my coffee out of the pot. She got into Teacher's College. So, just like that, God unveils the next two years of her life. Wow. Just like that it happens.

Today, I walked into the office with purpose. I was going to sign the contract today. No other better day to make some firm decisions about what will happen next. Nothing like telling someone what you plan to do and realizing that, that's it. It's going to happen. That, that's the decision. I'm going to have to cross the Jordan river and put plan into action. I can't believe when all this is over, I would have spent a year and half in Japan. It seems so fast and yet I remember when a day seemed so long. It's not too short a time for a lot to have happened even if it doesn't quite look like it did.

That said, with any luck, I won't be deported out of the country this week. There was a lot more paperwork necessary than expected with regards to extending my visa. Hopefully it'll all be cleared by friday. Otherwise, I might just have to spend the weekend in Seoul so I can come back a valid alien. (I just spent 2 minutes trying to spell "Seoul".)

Audio: Talk in Tongues from Natalie Imbruglia's White Lilies Island.
Biblio: -
Cerebrio: Now that the talking's been done, I can feel that it is time to mobilize the troops, gather some weaponery and power through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home