Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Monday, February 14, 2005

HOW FAST TIME FLIES

Yesterday we opened up Hope Chapel Namba and I got so excited at the possibilities. The drum set didn't get to service in time so Chip was our solo guitarist. But the accoustics of the place was great and nothing to say of the Music major's guitar playing skills that, it was more than perfectly graced by the power of the Holy Spirit.

So good, that after service as we circulated around the folks over dinner, each time we crossed paths, we were always talking about what we wanted to do and how we wanted to do worship, who we could rope in to do vocals and keyboards.

All the time, there was a little voice behind me spurring me on to do it in the most bizarre way. "Why do it? You've only got so much time left!" That, was devil's work. I decided, bugger it, if all I had was six months, then it jolly well was going to be a powerful six months. Ah well, all was good but the question I had to ask myself again - how much time did I really have? So I knew with what time-frame I could project our plans. And so Laura and I got counting as we talked to others and others asked us about "this new chapter for Hope Chapel Namba".

I was so mistaken. All this while, the time frame I had in my head was six month. I was so wrong. FOUR MONTHS! That's 20 weeks left from today!

Suddenly, I don't have that much time anymore! Suddenly, there's a whole lot I need to settle before I move to Thailand! With only four months ahead, its no more an "IF-fy" question but a certitude that I have to follow through with!

Audio: A Letter To Elise by The Cure.
Biblio: Mother Tongue by Bill Bryson.
Cerebrio: The back of my jaw has been aching the whole weekend. Half suspect its my wisdom teeth making its presence felt. I just want to will the pain away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home