Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Tuesday, February 22, 2005

NO RIGHT TO BLEED

So Laura's sick with the flu and this time, I'm still pretty genki. Considering that, I was drenched from ski-ing and nursing a painful sore gum (See: Wisdom Teeth) with the lingerings of my flu from painting hard, two weeks ago, it's God's hand of protection on me or something.

But I can tell you one thing: when your family is sick, real or otherwise, there is little I can do to avoid feeling bad. In fact, it makes me sad. I remember always being kind of blue whenever one of my parents was hit with a cold or a flu or something bad that they had to stay home from work. And I would do anything as long as they could get better - even keep silent as a mouse so they could sleep. It was a mixture of sad and guilt that they shouldn't have to be the one's falling ill or that I'd been so hard to look after that I ran them dreary to the bone. I feel bad when Su get sick and when she was hospitalized, but it wasn't the same kind of sad. No guesses how afraid I might be regardless of how cold I might seem if ever my parents fell fatally ill. They're my parents. They're supposed to be my heroes. My heroes don't have the right to bleed.

Audio: Superman, It's Not Easy Being Me by Five For Fighting.
Biblio: Revolutions in World Missions by K. P. Yohannan.
Cerebrio: God, please make Laura better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home