Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Saturday, February 19, 2005

WET SUIT

Pwah! Today's rides were just awesome. The weather was kind of crappy, a consistent shower that meant by the end of the evening, I was wearing a wetsuit. But we also know that wetsuits keep you warm if you are constantly moving. Did a couple of runs on the flats with Ruthie. For about 5 minutes I almost forgot how to ski. Snowplough and then turn? But I surprised myself and it all came back to me by the end of the first run. Then I started to practice parallel skiing. After a few of flat runs, Laura and I got the itches to hit the intermediate slopes.

The cloud cover was so thick I couldn't tell where the clouds ended and the snow/mountain started so initially it was kinda scary but I guess skiing is a bit like whistling, once you learn you never quite forget it. After we got Kirsty to join us (she turned out to be a quite a skiier!) we did a few more and then she challenged us to the black slopes.

I can't believe I managed the black slopes without too much difficulty. But there was no way I was going to join her on the moguls when I couldn't see more than 10 meters before me. Apparently Laura reckoned it would have been so do-able for me. Maybe next time.

My thighs are so going to kill me tomorrow. It's like body got a bad reminder just where and what state my butt cheeks are in!

The day was a good day to get to know Ruth and Kirsty better. Especially since Ruth might soon be our new flatmate if she joins AIS. What did I come away with? Thank you God, for Laura as a flatemate. We are all fallen people and difficult people to live with at times. I'm glad that most of the time (I think) our personalities are close enough to live with. Thank you that you give her patience to put up with me and vice versa. Continue to remind us how to love and support each other and to see the best in each other.

Audio: Styrofoam Plates by Death Cab For Cutie.
Biblio: Mother Tongue by Bill Bryson.
Cerebrio: Can't wait for next weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home