Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Saturday, April 23, 2005

BE STILL MY BEATING HEART

This week has passed incredibly fast. A million and one exciting things have been happening at the same time in my head. What is it with "leaving", that life gets exciting after that mark? Anyway, I gave my very first message at last night's Hope Chapel Osaka's friday night service. I've never been to the friday night service so when I met the crowd, I immediately felt out-classed and out-cooled by the street vibe I was getting. House DJ's, homies, street kids with sunnies, sweatbands and big silver chains hanging off their necks, gospel & hip-hop musicians, band members and actors from the Disney entourage. Here were the people who are in with it and I was strumming fuddy-duddy on my accoustic guitar to Shine, Jesus, Shine and telling them why they should do missions.

But I believe God worked in that situation and spoke to them personally anyway. They were really cool and they were really warm at the same time and once I got over being overwhelmed, it was a roller-coaster ride of side-splitting laughter hanging out with them after service at Cafe Continue. We're going to do the friday night thing more often now. ;-) Anyway, I think sunday's message of the same topic will be set too.

Other things have been set in motion too, things that are pregnant with possibility and hope.

Audio: William Orbits Barber's Adagio For Strings remix.
Biblio: The Wild Sheep Chase by Haruki Murakami.
Cerebrio: Chocolate chip, potato chip, chips-ahoy,corn chip, tortilla chip, chipalatte, Chipmunks, computer chip...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home