Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Tuesday, April 26, 2005

THE BREVITY OF LIFE

Wow, so its another headlining week. Obviously, I'm safe and sound. But like the earthquake in fall last year, this one, too, was a bit close too home. I take the JR Kobe line up and down Kobe and Osaka when I'm about town. On the limited express which I take, Amagasaki station is just two stations from mine, Ashiya station.

The accident happened just past the Amagasaki station on the Fukuchiyama line which splits from Kobe-Osaka at Amagasaki. Hhrrmm. I am shaken by the brevity of life once again. And I wonder how I can pray for those affected. And I wonder how I manage to go on with life with almost no concern for the safety of my loved ones. This could've been anyone, anywhere, anytime. A bus, a car, a tram, a train, a plane. In Osaka, in London, in Sydney, in Hamilton, in Brisbane, in Delhi, in Singapore. It could've been my family, my close friends, my mates, my acquaintances - anyone I love.

Audio: -/-
Biblio: Mother Tongue by Bill Bryson.
Cerebrio: Dustin's here, so this week is another busy one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home