Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Saturday, April 02, 2005

LIFE IS JUST BUDDING

All is well on the home front. The weather is still chilly at dark but warm during the day. More importantly, it is decidedly less fickle, and the buds have that to thank for. The park is peppered with green, brown and pink buds of plum and cherry-blossoms. Why, I do believe, Spring is truly on its way.

Life is busy but what is new? The volume of people, food and dirt that comes through in our house has increased exponentially. It is well and truly on its way. Laura's sister, Claire and aunt, Roberta are side-splittingly funny and its nice that we all get on like fish to water. The family seems to hold up to its reputation to talking for Britain. I don't have need to try to break a moment's silence. Somehow, I managed to convince Roberta that she ought to buy a Panasonic Lumix on account of my Dad's research into his 58th birthday present; he is old and his sight is giving way. So apparently is his steady hand which is where the camera's excessively large screen and anti-shake mechanism suit both Dad and Roberta.

A chapter has turned in our time here, it is fast closing to and end. Fast. From here onward, life is a list of things to be done and checked off in our moments of respite whilst hosting our friends and family. Like today, the family of three are off scouting Nara while I am home trying to finish up some of the MBI subjects which will be useful for me on the field. I have two more modules for Biblical Basis To Missions which I have been just powering through. Congratulations and a good ego massage are also due to me for completing my Cert.TEFL. But I can't seem to find enough motivation for completing the TEFLing Young Learners I enrolled in.

Thailand Mission Update: The Foursquare Mission International (FMI) North Asia Regional Coordinator who oversees Overseas Missions for the Japan Foursquare Gospel Church requested my resume through Pastor Jeff. Jeff, bless his heart has been scouting for more support for me. It's amazing that Foursquare Mission International is interested in supporting me in Thailand. Up till now I thought this mission support would be only church-broad, but now it seems, its regional wide. I'm "meeting" him with Jeff in two weeks for what I think is a candid interview to hear how God might use me in Thailand. I'm not to stressed about it. All in God's hand and He's been providing for Thailand great so far. One little exciting thing, they'd like me to go to the Foursquare Tokyo Convention in June. Fully paid for. NICE.

Audio: Gekommen um zu bleiben from Wir sind Helden's Von Hier An Blind album.
Biblio: The Last Battle by C. S. Lewis.
Cerebrio: Why do the weekends take so long to come and then they go so fast?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home