Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Saturday, November 12, 2005

AND ALL THE ANGELS WENT HOORAH!

One of the big issues I've been having this week is all the talk of marriage swimming around me. In the last seven days, my very good and oldest friend Janine got engaged (And all the angels went HOORAH!), my colleagues from my very first job is getting married next week and one of my church mates here are discussing marriage details in advance of the engagement.

I'm very happy that Janine is getting married (And all the angels went HOORAH!). Esctatic even. She deserves all the good things that God gives her. Now just one of our old trio is left, but I don't think I am jealous. What it does though, is make me prematurely anxious about my future, or to be more specific, anxious about the person I am involved in.

I don't want to put any pressure on the relationships I have now. I don't want to feel I have to do the aisle walk soon. I did that with one not so long and it went awry as fast as you can say Boo! So, only when the relationship is ready for it and not pressured by the those around me.

Because, it's so easy for me to get caught up in the excitement and start off with the wrong mental picture especially when things are new and afresh.

Audio: The Blues by Switchfoot's Nothing Is Sound album.
Biblio: The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini.
Cerebrio: Destroying speculations ... and taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ... 2 Cor 10:5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home