Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Sunday, November 27, 2005

I DON'T PLAY MUSIC, I'M NOT A MUSICIAN. But I serve to direct them...

Yesterday we had a great jam session on the seasonal christmas songs we planned to dish out in the coming weeks. Since we've got a drummer and a bassist (instead of me having to play Jill-of-all-trades), we've been rocking pretty hard as a band. Yesterday, we rocked so hard that I think our amplified pop-ped. And I got so frustrated; we were having a great time practicing and now this could set us back somehow.

I was taking it out and whinging about how hard it will be for get the amplifier fixed or get quotes on a new one since I'm not exactly a musician by trade or know the lingo especially in this foreign language. And for a time before I questioned, "why doesn't *insert name* just step up and help me?" And, anyone of the band members would probably have been more qualified on language or on musical skills and knowledge!

Then I read a worship article by John Pape, a worship leader's leader and was convicted by this," ... a worship leader is a spiritual leader... a spiritual leader is someone who is called by God with God given capacities and God given responsibility to serve a specific group of God's people directing them in God's purpose for that group to bring glory to god."

One word. Oooops!

Audio: Bard Millard's Hymned No.1 album and Redemption Songs by Jars of Clay.
Biblio: When Men Think Private Thoughts by George Macdowell.
Cerebrio: I want to be able to comprehend ...what is the width and length and depth and height..to know the love of Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home