Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Saturday, January 07, 2006

WHAT DID I DO IN 2005?


JANUARY: An inkling of a huge things to come. Go skiing with the Binfords and hemorragh my knee before I even begin the slopes. End the month with options for a new church plant.

FEBUARY: Work in progress! We move in and redecorate the venue for the new Hope Chapel Namba. Everything from scratch. Make plans to move to Thailand.

MARCH: While work remains in progress, I begin my correspondence course for my Cert. TEFL. and Moody Bible Institute for Cross-cultural Missions.

APRIL: Spring is here! Hope Chapel Namba opens! Take a 10 day break to the southernest tip of Japan, Kagoshima for a hike in primeval forests and beaches. LURVELY! Start organizing worship in Hope Chapel Namba.

MAY: I buy my ticket. 4 weeks till I leave for Thailand! Laura professes my affections! "We have nothing to lose, we're leaving!" Start something else with a member of the worship band.

JUNE: I start something else new and change my plans. Decided, I'm not leaving. I'm going stay in Japan for ANOTHER year! Mom comes for a visit. Two weeks later, my whole summer plans change.

JULY: Leave Japan and a crazy 1st half for a sabbatical. Thailand, Ko Samui for a beach-bum holiday, Myanmar for a mission trip.

AUGUST: Along the way throw in a visit to Sydney for the heck of it and spend the rest of it in Singapore. Meet someone special while playing tennis with Janine.

SEPTEMBER: Back to Japan. Bummed. Laura is here no more. I cope.

OCTOBER: I want to learn more about teaching. Start the new Ashiya mini-church at my place.

NOVEMBER: Am treated by a visit from someone special. Another project! The band will plan to record in 2006. We have a lot to do!

DECEMBER: Can't believe I made it through the second half. Wait in anticipation for the Christmas spirit. Spend the holidays with someone special!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home