Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I LOVE TO READ MONTH

It is every K-3 grade teacher's dream to hear her students squeal with delight, "READING! I love to read!". I know, sounds highly improbably that five and six year olds can react that strongly to of all things, single and double vowelled word cards. And what a joy it is to watch their determined and accomplished reaction to their reading books. I am quite proud of having taken a bunch of pre-readers from no reading to a high reading proficiency within six months. What rocks my world is how on top of that they have picked up speed-reading in an attempt to be the best at reading the words.

Audio: Children squealing in the school yard.
Biblio: Screwtape proposes a toast by C.S. Lewis.
Cerebrio: My job is done! This is what I was hired for! They love reading! OMG!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home