Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Sunday, February 26, 2006

THE WARMTH IS CALLING MY NAME

2006, didn't start out with a bang. January was kind of a letdown as beginning-of-the-years go. Febuary was a slight improvement. 

I did however try to have as much fun as I could find, like having The Monday Night crew every week here over great food and even better company; like coasting down the hill pillon on Dave's teeny bike, breaking 2 spokes on his wheel in the process... We have to go riding down the hills once the weather warms up. 

Still, there was a kind of gloomy greyness to it that reflected the weather. Weather reflecting life or life reflecting the weather. The Winter Doldrums. I'm moving to the tropics. 

I remember saying that same thing at the beginning of last year, deciding to move to Thailand and come late spring in May, I changed my mind, forgetting all about the weather. And despite the social circumstances in my face during summer, summer down in the equator was all it took to liven up my spirits. You could say the warmth is calling my name.

In fact, so high were my spirits that when I came back, the last quarter of last year was just about excellent even though I had returned to challenging circumstances. This quarter was good but not as fun as I associate beginning of the years with the summer warmth of the southern hemisphere. But, I'm going back for a little under a week to relieve myself of the doldrums. :-) I endeavour to have as much fun as I can and not take the weather with me. 

Audio: Amazing Love by Vineyard Music.
Biblio: -/-
Cerebrio: In this life, you will have many troubles... (John 16:33) No need to go looking for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home