Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Saturday, March 18, 2006

I AM A JOURNLER


Rockin' out!
My kids say:We totally love school but it's the start of spring break! Yeaah!

There have been a few additions to my iBook to fully harness its power and efficiency. A few days ago I getting excited about automating FlickR and blogging from widgets. Now Quicksilver is changing the way I use my machine. I'm getting used to not having to open Finder and just launch any file or application or send an email right off the hot-key. Get it I tell you.

The latest addition to penning down my thoughts is Journler. I've been journalling online for a little more than 10 years now. Back then, before there was blogging, the www was all DOS, entries were not automated, no infrastructure like PHP existed and everything on html was fairly public access. And, if i had fallen short on my payments *ahem*, I could (and would) lose everything on the server, along with all the years of hard work. So, being textually oriented, it gradually evolved that I would have to have a .txt/.doc/.cwk journal sitting in my HDD and all my thoughts would sit in a document that just grew and grew with each entry. That made more sense than opening up a new document for even the smallest snippet of my brain.

So, I've been checking out various word processors which would make my life simpler; Microsoft Word, Appleworks, Pages, Write. And, what if it could do both? Organize my entries that sit on my HDD and post them online too? I was quite dissapointed that iWeb was good uptil the point when you either had to upload to .mac or to your own FTP server. What if you didn't have either? I still don't think .mac is worth paying for, it doesn't do anything I can't do and Blogger and FlickR host all my entries and photos nicely for me without a price.

Welcome Journler. The daily notebook designed to organize your thoughts, comes with integrated Blogger, LiveJournal and metaWeblog support for posting and uploading. This entry written and uploaded from Journler.

Audio: Show Me Your Glory by Third Day.
Biblio: Searching For God Knows What by Donald Miller.
Cerebrio: There is an overwhelming dissapointment in man(kind) that comes from knowing that we fail so easily despite our very best intentions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home