Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Sunday, March 12, 2006

WHAT IS RELEVANT?

It was a beautiful early spring day yesterday. Today, its back to the cold front. Blah. But I thank God for yesterday's warmth. Spring is exciting, its like the air is just buzzing with life about to burst forth. 

:: Relevant ::
A few weeks ago I found a good helpful christian-thinking webzine. What I like about it is that it doesn't seem to shy away from the more liberal points of view of current christian spirituality. I like that term the way I heard Donald Miller used it in Blue Like Jazz, rather than "christian" or "christianity" which tends to point toward a religion, an institute and school of thought with a set of rules about God and Jesus.

While Jesus did leave us a set of commandments to follow, he was all about the heart's condition toward God. It does sound rather po-mo; not all liberal is good but the point is that it keeps testing how I am making my URP (Universal Reference Point, kudos DaveJ), that is my belief in God and His Son, Jesus Christ, a reality in my life now. 

This is a big point of thought for me nowadays as I start to think how it is I will decide to express my christian spirituality, what I believe and what I have learnt so far when I move to Singapore. The city itself tends toward rules and regulations and I have yet to make sense of the whole conservative-liberal paradigm that exists in the church within my altered perspective. 

Audio: Interview with Donald Miller on Relevant podcast.
Biblio: -/-
Cerebrio: I'm also thinking about not getting caught up in my leaving and still being relevant in living in Japan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home