Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Saturday, April 08, 2006

IT FEELS LIKE RUNNING ON EMPTY

So far I've done three loads of backlog laundry this week. It's been an exhausting, long week. And, I will be working six days through April. Not much time for a break.

Meanwhile, been thinking some about leaving Japan. So, have been catching up on the anime selection here. Tricky business since what you buy here doesn't come with English dub and only comes with English sub sometimes.

My List so far includes Grave of The Fireflies, My Neighbour Totoro, Nausicaa of The Valley, Howl's Moving Castle, Steamboy and Innocence. Quite a number of Studio Ghibli.

While watching となりのトトロ (My Neighbour Totoro), I realized I almost understood the movie in Japanese and was using the subtitles to verify what I was guestimating. So, it'll probably be good for me to watch anime frequently to keep my 日本語 (nihongo) up to speed.
 
It's pretty expensive here to get local DVD's and I'm beginning to wonder if it makes a difference getting them here or waiting till I can accumulate the libary when I move to Singapore. Anyone knows what they average in Singapore?

Audio: -/-
Biblio: Searching For God Knows What by Donald Miller.
Cerebrio: I could really do with juicing up my batteries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home