Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Sunday, June 04, 2006

WHAT THE MIND CANNOT FATHOM

Recently, I've been feeling that I need to keep an open and teachable heart and be more open to the Holy Spirit. I say it like that because I've always had the impression that as such an efficient first world country, Singapore assumes that it has no "need" for the HS.

I've always felt that my indoctrinated bible-based background that I grew up in was at the expense of the workings of the Holy Spirit. So, I've been thinking about wanting to be open and teachable to that. (and teachable also to being part of the culture in Singapore.) I think I'm beginning to realize that yea, there is what I can bring to the misison fields (here) but there is always so much God is teaching me through that too. So I'm sure he wants me to be here, not just to find a ministry to serve, but to also teach me something in particular.

So last night was my first church service in Singapore and the message was just so cue about Faith and The Holy Spirit. The preacher was talking about a lot of things but the one thing I remembered was saying that how the spirit works in ways that seem irrational to others, in ways that seem to go past the logic of our head and during closing prayer it felt so much like that... that I was in the spirit but it didn't seem to be like a rational chain of thought etc... anyway, there was an altar call and I went up. When I thought about it I didn't want to go up... but when I felt it, I realized i did want to go up. So, I decided to go up, step out into the water.

And the preacher gave a prophetic word which went something like this, ".... the vision God gave you 4-5 years ago.... put that down... not put it away... but it is not for now... put it at the altar... the Holy Spirit wants to minister to you in the months to come.." or something like that. Obviously that vision, that heart is just to be a world christian worker. I remember the first time deciding at an OCF conference where the theme was to be a willing servant to go out to serve in the mission field. I just knew it, that was what I wanted to do, that was what God had hot wired me for (world, travel cultural love + God) and being HERE, I wonder how that will happen.... but yet I just some know that this is what I have to do now and I will gladly do it but it is for NOW. And, maybe or maybe not forever.

Audio:
Biblio: undecided
Cerebrio: I am so cross at myself this weekend. I play again tomorrow and I forgot my new tennis outfit in Andy's car! Other good things I forgot this weekend: The Cat Empire concert and the movies to catch up on all that I missed in Asian cinema.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home