Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Friday, May 18, 2007

NONCHALANT BRIDE? Or GREAT ORGANIZING?

I've been repeated asked and reminded about the wedding to come. Here's an update on the progress...

The date has been decided. 24th November 2007
The usual reaction is, "SO SOON!? Why?"
Why not? And who can wait anyway?

The venue has been set. International Baptist Church.
It's not my church, it's not his church. And it has pews.

Mom is taking charge of all things food including the decor for the lunch reception. Dad is designing the invites, sorting out the decor for the venue and eventually the apartment. Andy will look into the housing and my aunt is the wedding planner and my job is to pick the gown I like. Outsourcing is good!

I don't need a whole lot of time to plan this sch-bang since there will be no grand wedding banquet and that I've got a lot of help. Instead, most of our time I has been working on building firm foundations for the marriage relationship instead as we work through marriage preparation class. It's work but it is useful.

Meanwhile, we have only just scratched the surface of the Housing Development Board monster when it comes to finding an apartment. We prefer not to own a house seeing as we plan to move countries but we also prefer not to use 'cash' to pay rent when we have some sizeable funds (which cannot be cashed) that we could transfer into buying a house. But every time I think about the complicated procedures in owning a house, my brain shuts down. I simply hate rules and regulations.

Anyway, that will pend for awhile while my fiance is in the Philipines for two weeks on a mission trip. THERE! I SAID IT!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:12 am, Blogger Unknown said...

you just reminded me of one of my friends. everytime she and her husband go to HDB to try and get a flat, all the "cannots" and "fill in this form and wait..." makes her want to scream, "WHAT's WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?!"

thanks for asking me to play at your wedding! will be practising hard til then, soon-to-be Mrs Andy :)
- hannah.t

 
At 2:29 pm, Blogger Jo said...

Hey there,

Guess what... turns out we are having a singaporean reception cos of my dad's stroke. And guess what again? It's on Nov 24 as well!!! I'll be thinking of you guys. We're having an intimate dinner gathering at the british club. I would have invited you but i'm sure you have better things to do on your wedding night! :) Congrats again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home