Gaijin.Cerebrio: doctrina ergo eruditio



Friday, June 15, 2007

LIVING WITH PARENTS

I feel seven years old all over again. Caz seems elated that her mom flew down to be with her. Mom has been on leave the last few days of the week. Its good. The first day I went shopping in town with her - I didn't really intend to go spend money but felt compelled that I should shop since she really want to paint the town red. So I got stuff for work; shoes, dress and a blouse. After that, I really couldn't bear any more shopping so I got Andy to pick me up. Mom got Dad to come by after work to continue. Heh.

Yesterday she spent all of daylight in the East, hanging and shopping with her mates and today she is home gardening.

I walked down ten minutes ago to clock a few miles while the sky was grey and the sun was not going to bake me and she said, "you are not going running. It's raining!" (It's drizzling. Perfect running weather!) So here I sulk at not being allowed to go running. No, I'm not really that upset - I can see her point fully - I don't want to be charred by lightning and miss tonight Planetshakers' concert that Euge scalped tickets for! I'm more bemused that this is how things are.

It must be because for a long long time, I haven't lived with my parents - and definitely not with having my mom not being at work. I don't think that has happened for almost ten years. And I've been back a year now, it hasn't been painful to live with my parents againt to say the least. It's a nice break from having to make mental note of when to pay what bills and be fully responsible for the upkeep and cleaning of the house. But, hopefully, I'll get my own place soon by the end of the year or the start of next year. It will be nice to have my own kitchen and to cook lots of japanese and korean cuisines and to know exactly how my pantry will be organized!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home